Add Roles to User
Learn how to grant and modify permissions on given resources for a user.
May 26, 2023
Before You Start #
- Review the permissions assigned to each role.
- Confirm you have the right role(s) to grant a user access to a given resource.
- This guide assumes resources (projects, repositories) have already been created in your cluster.
How to Assign Roles to a User #
- Open your terminal.
- Connect as the root user using the following command:
pachctl auth use-auth-token
Input your root token.
Run one of the following commands to assign a role:
pachctl auth set project <project-name> <role-name> user:<firstname.lastname@example.org>
pachctl auth set repo <repo-name> <role-name> user:<email@example.com>
pachctl auth set enterprise clusterAdmin user:<email>
pachctl auth set <resource> <resource-name> [role1,role2 | none ] <prefix:subject>
- Confirm access by running the following command:
pachctl auth get project <project-name>
pachctl auth get repo <repo-name>
You can also use these steps to update a users permissions.